Thursday, January 3, 2013

Christmas: Part 1


So we went home to California for a week and a half over Christmas.

It was Alice's first time on a plane.

She cried a lot on the ascent, she was refusing to nurse so I think her ears were hurting her.

But she did great for the rest of the flights, there and back.

As always, it was a whirlwind of a trip but even more so with Alice.

For some strange reason everyone wanted to see her, I guess they think she's cute or something :o)

I don't know whether it was the time difference, change of scenery or what, but for some reason Alice was really fussy the whole trip.

My parents babysat Alice for a few hours one evening and Stephen and I had a wonderful dinner at Bistro Jeanty in Yountville.

It was the first time we had been out alone since Alice was born.

I was a little nervous that she would cry a lot but she was fast asleep in my mom's arms when we got home.

We also went and saw The Hobbit one day while my parents watched her.

I started to realize the great benefits of living near such willing (and free) babysitters :o)

We had lunch at my grandparents house one day.


And my cousin Katelyn with her new baby happened to stop by as well so that was fun.


I did a mini photo shoot of my parents with Alice.







Notice the nice bald spot Alice has got going on, kinda looks like she is wearing a toupee.


We spent Christmas Eve with my family.

The day started off with my mom getting a call that her dad (who lives in Minnesota) had died.

He was 95 and in Hospice so it wasn't a surprise but still sad.

But the day went on and my Dad's family came over.


Alice with her Great Grandma and her cousin (my brother's daughter) Kalynn.


Alice and my grandparents.


There were a lot more family members but we didn't take many pictures, unfortunately I started getting sick that evening.

We had to go to bed early because Christmas started early...

(More to come soon)


1 comment:

annaedunne said...

That picture of Alice with Grandma and Boppa is sooo sweet and cute.