Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Coincidences

Strangest coincidence ever!

So I had my first real sale today.

(By real I mean, not bought by my mom or other friend, relative or acquaintance)

The customer was from Austria and a total stranger.

I thought that was cool.

On the invoice it had her email address which was her name @the-impossible-project.com

Crazy!

Now I realize this means nothing to you.

Let’s back track to just yesterday.

One of my favorite blogs is Pacing the Panic Room.

It is a blog by a photographer that I have been reading for months now.

(By the way, he has the most adorable maternity series of his wife Cole)

Well I was reading his blog yesterday and he had just posted about something called “The Impossible Project”.

(starting to see the connection yet?)

This blogger has recently started taking pictures with a Polaroid camera and The Impossible Project is...well, here’s their explanation:

“In October 2008 The Impossible Project saved the last Polaroid production plant for integral instant film in Enschede (NL) and started to invent and produce totally new instant film materials for traditional Polaroid cameras. In 2010 Impossible saved analog instant photography from extinction by releasing various, brand new and unique instant films. Therewith Impossible prevents more than 

300.000.000 

perfectly functioning Polaroid cameras from becoming obsolete, changes the world of photography and keeps variety, tangibility and analogue creativity and possibilities alive.”


I think that is pretty cool.

I am all for saving extincting forms of art.

(Yes I know extincting is not a real word, but it works ok)

(You still tracking with me?)

(Do remember what the point is?)

(Don’t worry, here it is.)

So you can imagine my surprise when I saw my customer’s email and discovered that she is a part of The Impossible Project which I just heard about yesterday!

Now tell me that is not a really weird coincidence!

The end.

No comments: