Friday, May 10, 2013

Alice and Her Soldier


Last month Stephen was in the field for about 10 days.

"In the field" is when they go and train, usually in a field in tents, and don't come home at night.

Stephen calls it "playing Army".

His brigade was training for their upcoming deployment.

He mostly read the whole time since he was given a task that didn't require him to do much.

It was the longest he has ever been away from Alice.

It made me wonder again how on earth other wives survive deployments.

I am so grateful I haven't had to.

Here are a few picture I took when Stephen got back, it was really cute to see the huge smile on Alice's face.

She loves her daddy!




Alice also likes to play with daddy's combat boots.

Here are some pictures I took of her one morning before Stephen left for work.

These pictures were also the inspiration for my long overdue blog makeover.

Also, in case you can't tell, her onesie has a wolf cub on it, adorable right?! (thanks Barths!)







No comments: