Thursday, September 29, 2011

Nails

I love nail polish.

So much so that this will be my second post about nail polish.

Recently I have gotten a little bored with my usual self-manicures.

But thanks to Pinterest I got a bunch of new ideas and went a little overboard (Megan?...go overboard?....noooo)

I couldn't wait to try the different ideas one at a time, I had to do them all!

(FYI: all these nail polishes are Revlon, except the matte blue which is OPI)



Don't worry, I took all the nail polish off before going in public.

This nail I did by painting the nail green then cutting small strips of scotch tape and putting them on the nail and painted over with the dark silver.



(Note on using scotch tape on nails: Your polish must be COMPLETELY dry before putting it on or else it will pull off the polish when you take it off.)

This nail I painted silver, then I put a piece of tape on the tip of the nail and painted dark silver. I let that dry then covered a chunk of the dark silver with tape and painted black on the base of the nail.



This nail I painted that coral/pink color than took two pieces of tape and put them on the nail at opposite angles and painted the blue.



This nail is probably my favorite. I painted my nail with matte dark blue polish then painted the tip with a glossy top coat.



I don't like this nail at all but it could easily be improved with a better choice of colors and thinner strips of tape. I painted the nail gold then used 2 strips of tape and painted over in brown.



Ah, you counted 5 fingers and thought I was done didn't you!

Nope.

After I took all that polish off I came across a really cool trick for french manicures and did this:



These were my very first Essie nail polishes (Fiji and Chinchilly)

Now I'll never get another brand of polish!

I love love love it!

The colors are so nice and they last WAY longer than any other nail polish I have used.

I REALLY want the Mint Candy Apple color but I can't find it anywhere.

Ok so going back to the trick for french manicures...here it is..

Hole reinforcement stickers.



Genius right?

I don't know why I never thought of it.

(Guess that means I'm not a genius, contrary to popular opinion)

You just cut them in half and stick it to your nail like so:



But after all this fancy nail work, this has been my favorite manicure by far:



I can't explain why I love it so much but I just know that I want my nails like this forever.



I painted my nails with Fiji by Essie then painted two coats of Disco Lights by Milani on my ring fingers.

I can't take credit for this idea either, I saw it on Pinterest.

Hope this gives you some good ideas too!

1 comment:

A proverbs 31 woman...in the making said...

Great tip for the french polish. I love doing the tips but can nver do it well myself. I'll have to try that now :)