Monday, October 11, 2010

In-Laws: Day 1

Alright, so it's been a little over a month since my in-laws visited so it's about time I post about it.

I have finally got some of the pictures edited so I am going to go day by day through the trip and post some of the pictures to go with it.

So Day 1, Friday, Stephen's dad and mom and their significant others were all here.

We decided to take them up to North Shore to wander.

We met them at a midway point so they could follow us to our first destination, the Waialua sugar mill.

When we got to the sugar mill everyone was getting out of the car and I noticed Stephen was still in the car frantically looking around.

I asked, "what are you looking for?"

He replied, "My flip flops!"

uh oh.

Stephen had left them in the parking lot were we met up.

So he and his mom went back and got him while I played tour guide.

In the sugar mill is a cool soap factory.

Not many tourist know about it.

Except the Japanese, because they have a special book.

You see, there are many places on the island that tourist don't know about, but the Japanese, they always know.

We have concluded that they must have a special book of island secrets that talks about these places.

It's kind of strange.

So the soap factory, here is Stephen's dad and Patti out side of it.



I plan to steal that big gear in the background.

I don't know what I would do with it, I just know it is awesome.

Here is the inside of the mill.



I find it sad that there are no more working mills on the island.

The soap.



The stamp they use for the soap.



After the sugar mill, we went to Turtle Bay Resort to wander around, and of course, grab a drink.



Stephen's mom and Patrick with the warrior.



We spent the rest of the day exploring North Shore and ended with dinner at PF Chang's.

Day 2 coming soon.

No comments: