Saturday, August 6, 2011

What we've been up to

Well I know it's been awhile.

I have been trying all week to post a video and I cant seem to get it too work, which is really sad.

I will keep trying.

But until then I will let you know what we've been up to.

I turned this:



Into this:



And this:



Into this:



Both turned out pretty good.

I have recently been sucked into Pinterest.

If you don't know what Pinterest is,

I'm warning you,

once you start,

there is no going back.

It's wonderful and helpful but oh so addicting.

Also I have been busy getting ready for a baby shower I am putting together for a friend at church.

At first I was nervous because I have never done a baby shower before.

Then...my inner Martha Stewart monster came out.

I had a spark of an idea and then went a little overboard from there.

I'll be sure to take some pictures.

Also I have been busy getting things ready for the BIG day!

What BIG day you ask?

Why the wedding of course!

Whose wedding?

Stephen's Dad is finally marrying his long time girlfriend Patti here in Hawaii.

They started dating at the same time Stephen and I did.

Though Stephen beat him to the aisle by a few years.

So the whole Wolfe pack will be flying out here for the wedding and we are going to have the big rehearsal dinner at our house.

It should be fun...as long as my Martha Stewart Perfectionist monster doesn't come out.

Stephen's been really busy at work and trying to keep up with his homework.

He is working on his Masters degree in International Relations online.

I am a terrible distraction to him.

I just hate spending all day Saturday around the house while he does homework.

Especially now that our time in Hawaii is starting to come to an end.

We'll be leaving in about 4 months.

Suddenly I feel like I need to do more "Hawaii" things.

So today I was pretty thrilled when Stephen came up with the idea to go to Ko Olina.

Ko Olina is a resort near where we live.

It has really nice man-made lagoons and landscaping.

It is also the location of the new Disney resort Aulani that is opening at the end of the month.

I have been wanting to see it since the commercials started coming out.

So we drove down there and had a terribly over priced lunch.

But then we walk the lagoons.



And I got to wear my new dress.



And we saw the Disney resort.



Then we laid in the grass in the shade and talked for a while.

It was a really nice time.

Then I made this for dinner:



It's S'mores in a Jar!

(recipe found here: http://www.howsweeteats.com/2011/04/smores-cake-in-a-jar/

Yes, I know that gram crackers, chocolate cake and marshmallows don't make up the healthiest of meals.

Ok so maybe it really isn't a meal at all...just a really tasty dessert.

But hey, life's too short to not have dessert for dinner sometimes right?

Right?!

Well anyways, it was a good day.

Hope yours was too.

2 comments:

Patti said...

OK...in our defense, I'm pretty sure you guys were an established couple when we started dating...Stephen was just about to go off to West Point.!
On the other hand, I LOVE the S'mores in a jar...looks weird, but yummy!!

D said...

I love that food blog!! I just saw those smores in a jar the other day and thought they looked delicious. How did they taste?