Sunday, August 12, 2012

36 Weeks




Can you believe I am just 4 weeks away from my due date!?

I sure can't.

It is hitting me more and more each day that we are actually having a baby, like, a real live little person who will be our child forever and we are going to be its parents and are responsible for it.

Crazy.

And so awesomely wonderful.

I am definitely going through nesting right now.

Sadly this nesting is concentrated on only one room in the house, the nursery.

I'm still totally unmotivated to do dishes or clean the house in general.

But I lie awake every night thinking about the nursery.

Everything was on hold while I tried to find a dresser for the nursery and I almost lost my mind.

Apparently everyone on craigslist was out to drive me mad.

Every time I found a dresser I liked, my emails were ignored, or it was sold already or the person said I could have it but then never got back to me about picking it up.

It was awful.

But I finally got one so now it should be full speed ahead on the nursery and I will gain back my sanity and hopefully my sleep.

Not much new in the pregnancy.

I have gained about 25-30 pounds now.

I am on the verge of the waddle according to Stephen.

I am starting to realize that the pregnant waddle may have less to do with the big belly than with the fact that my hips are trying to separate from my body.

Overall though I am feeling really good.

To be honest, I am really hoping my 40 week picture is not a belly picture but a picture of me holding Alice :o)

1 comment:

Nancy said...

You look adorable!! I gained 40 pounds exactly with both of mine :)