Thursday, August 8, 2013

Alice: 11 Months




Appearance:  Her hair is a blonde-ish, red-ish brown.  Her eyes are a blue-ish, brown-ish green.  I say she is a very ambiguous baby.  Her eyes are going to be green/brown hazel like mine when they finish changing.  I have no idea what her hair will be.  I would say its mainly light brown and in certain lights it looks more blonde or red.  We'll see :o)

Quirks:  She does this thing where she sticks her tongue between her gums and makes a "tttsss" sound.  It's kinda like a chuckle in that she does it when she finds something amusing.  For example, every time she sees my belly button she points at it, smiles and goes "ttttsss".  It's like she's saying "That's so silly mama."

New Skills:  Opening cabinets and drawers.  Not so fun for mommy and daddy.  Climbing (see photo below)

Likes:  Blueberries, pureed beets, flaxmeal and puffs.  Children.  Cuddling.

Dislikes:  Eating (unless it's above mentioned foods).  She just is not that into eating solid food, baby food or small pieces of food.  It's only with a good deal of coaxing that she eats.  Good thing I didn't plan on weaning her anytime soon.

Firsts: She got her first, and second, tooth this past month.  She didn't fuss at all about it!  I hope it's that way for the rest.


How she felt about not being allowed to play with the camera.



"I am sooo over this picture taking thing mama."


She climbed this step ladder all by herself (with my supervision of course, though she started up the first step while my back was turned).



Beet love.


Flaxmeal love.



Puff love.



She likes playing at the common area in our neighborhood where there is a playground that has little rocks all around it.


She likes to play with the rocks and test mommy's reflexes as she tries to put them in her mouth.



Though I have now taught her "no mouth" and she rarely puts them in her mouth anymore.

Sleeping on daddy before church.



Helping mommy with dinner.



Random pictures of Alice sleeping.





1 comment:

Patti/Grandma said...

From the looks of the face/body/tray, I think I would stick wit the puffs! :)
Getting more adorable each day!