Monday, February 23, 2015

36 Weeks: Honeydew


Ok, I don't quite get the whole "your baby is the size of.." thing for this week.

If you ask me, a pineapple (last month's fruit) is bigger than a honeydew.

Whatever.

I am for sure getting bigger.

My inability to fit into my maternity pants anymore is proof of that.

As well as my "I'm large and uncomfortable" attitude that has been more common as of late.

I am hoping this will be my last belly picture and that Jane will come before I make it to 40 weeks, we'll see.

I think my hips have decided to secede from the rest of my body, at least that is what it feels like sometimes.

My midwife keeps saying that she thinks my labor will be really fast.

I just hope it's not so fast that I don't make it to the birth center on time!

That and having to pack a bag to bring are some of the downsides of not doing a homebirth this time around.

But then again I get to labor and give birth in this room,

Or maybe this one:


Beautiful right?!

Looking forward to having the tub this time around too.

Been nesting for sure lately, but it can be frustrating when your energy level is not up to the "to do" list in your head.

Other than making some more freezer meals, I feel pretty ready for Jane to arrive.

It's amazing to me that even now, in the 21st century, there is like a 4 week "full-term" window in which your baby could be born and it really can't be better predicted than that.

I hate when people get hung up on the exact due date as if that is actually the day the baby is going to come.

That's why when people ask me when I am due, I always say "March", since my due date is March 15th, Jane could come anytime in March and it be perfectly healthy, normal time.

So here's to the month of March!

And being able to hold Jane in my arms!

And to wearing non-stretchy clothes!



No comments: