Sunday, March 15, 2015

40 Weeks: Watermelon



Today is my due date!

Didn't think I would make it to 40 weeks, I didn't with Alice.

Unfortunately its been a really rough week for me.

I got a cold that turned into my first ever sinus infection (great timing right?).

The worst part of it has been the sinus toothache, something I never knew existed.

Thankfully, the toothache has been gone the last 2 days so hopefully that's a sign the infection is going away.

I don't think I have ever blown my nose this much in my life.

I really don't want to be sick and in labor, or sick with a newborn and recovering from labor so I don't mind that Jane is taking her time.

Alice seems pretty excited about Jane coming soon.

She keeps asking "Jane out?"

I tell her that God decides when Jane will come out but that it will be soon.

Ran an errand yesterday and had some people ask me when I am due.

Loved the looks on their faces when I said "Tomorrow".

Two people asked me if I was scheduled to be induced.

Thought that was really sad that that is the assumption these days.

I told them "No, she has two weeks to come before we have to worry about that."

Another lady's reply to me saying I was due tomorrow was "And you are out shopping?!"

Thought that was funny, as if I should be sitting on the couch just waiting for the contractions or something.

Well one thing is for sure, the next pictures you will see wont be of a fruit (what's bigger than a watermelon anyways?) it will be of Jane!


No comments: