Thursday, July 2, 2015

Blueberry Picking


There is a pick-your-own blueberry farm about 25 minutes from us.

Their blueberries are good and only $2 a pound.

So we got up bright and early and went blueberry picking (at 7am, gotta beat that heat)

Here is a picture from when we went last year:


And this year, isn't she getting so big!


Alice loves blueberries and I thought she would have fun picking but she picked like 10 berries then dumped out her bucket and just played with it.


Then she spent the rest of the time hanging onto my bucket eating blueberries as I put them in.


Thankfully I was faster at picking than she was at eating.




Jane was a big help and slept the whole time.


We ended up with 13 pounds of blueberries that I froze or turned into blueberry sauce/jam.

Jane's facial expressions when Alice is holding her always makes me laugh.


Especially in this picture.


PS You may have noticed that Stephen is now sporting a beard.  He had to miss 2 months of his National Guard drills so he took the opportunity to grow a beard.  I really like it.  I'll be sad when he has to shave it off next month.

No comments: