Friday, July 9, 2010

Extreme Home Makeover: Part -1



Let's go back a little.

Before all this manly construction.

Before we even owned the house.

I slaved away and painted the place.

I had picked out pale colors to go on the wall and contrast the white baseboard and crown moulding. I knew it was going to look great.

So I started with buying 5 gallons of a light blue and painted the entire living room.

2 coats.

It took all day.

I then stood back to take a look... and hated it!

I suddenly realized my idea of beautiful pale colors may have looked good in my head but on the walls, it looked like a nursery.

That's when I had my meltdown.

I then started at square one and started to think of a new color scheme. I new I wanted something more on the neutral side seeing as that we are going to be renting out the place in only a year and a half. So I decided to do beige/taupe colors.

Easier said than done.

Did you know there are a million shades of beige?!

Picking the right one is almost impossible!

One was too yellow, the other too pink and another too green. None were just right. (said Goldilocks in utter frustration)

So I had to test them out.



And then stare. And stare some more.

I finally picked my colors and I love them. But not before the house looked like this:





In the end I tested 17 different paint colors on our walls.

That's gotta be some kind of record.

2 comments:

Patti said...

I admire your stick-to-it-tivness! I think I would have stopped WAY before 17 trials! Do we get to see the final decision via blog, or have to wait for the personal tour?

Nancy said...

We need help in our house. I think I will wait for your next visit :)