Monday, July 26, 2010

Extreme Makeover Part 4: Rocks

Remember back when I talked about the eternal battle between dog and coconut?

Today, I am going to tell you about another battle.

This one is between man and rock.

See these rocks?



These evil, jagged, volcanic rocks?

These cover a good amount of our yard.

It was hate at first sight for me.

You see, I like to walk barefoot in my backyard.

Not with these rocks, no way. Step on one of these and you are in for a load of pain.

Stephen’s hatred started a little later but with even more strength.

He started hating them when he discovered how quickly they would do this:



Yeah, that is our beautiful new flooring with a ugly scratch.

This happened when one of these devious rocks hid on the bottom of one of our boxes.

These rocks have been quite cunning in attaching themselves to Lilo’s fluffy fur as a way to penetrate our fortress.

About a week or two after we moved in, Stephen couldn’t take it anymore and went outside with a shovel and attacked.



He has gotten a lot of the rocks out but there are still a lot more left.

But under the rocks is the dirt.

That evil red dirt that the dumb dogs love to lay in.

Don’t even get me started.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

To think after all your hard work one little rock does so much damage. I'm surprised Lilo doesn't bring them in the house! I would get rid of them too. What were the previous owners thinking?