Sunday, May 17, 2009

Meet Willow


Yes, yes, I know, ANOTHER pet! I promise that it’s the last one. Now we have a complete pack, 2 dogs and 2 cats. With me starting work this week, Stephen and I decided to get a second dog to keep Lilo company. We found a place called Pawprints Rescue and they had a puppy that they thought would work well with Lilo. It happened to work out that they brought her over for me and Lilo to meet on our birthday. She is sooo cute but was really shy and just hid under the table. Lilo was more interested in the lady that brought the puppy than the puppy. The lady said that she had found Willow in a parking lot when she was really little and she had Parvo.

She is probably a hound mix and about 4 months old. She is 17 pounds and will probably be a medium/large size and she has really long legs. She spent the first few hours with us hiding under the table. Then she got curious and wanted to explore outside so her and Lilo went outside together. As soon as they got out there they started playing! It was so cute. They were chasing after each other and jumping on each other and Bagheera and Giselle were watching them from the window. After that she was less shy. Lilo was a little possessive of her toys at first but now she is getting better at sharing. Bagheera has pretty much ignored her so far. Giselle surprised me by going right up to her and playing, they actually look a lot alike with their coloring.

So as for the name, none of the Disney girl names seemed fit her. But then, when I was looking at a list of Disney character names I saw “Grandma Willow” from Pocahontas and Willow fit her so well! So I got a puppy for my birthday and Lilo got a little sister.

1 comment:

Edwards Family said...

I love her and want to keep her. She is beautiful! I am so jealous you got a new doggy. I want another one, but I don't think we could afford to feed her. I guess Maverick will have to wait. Maybe we'll give him another baby! i don't know if Blair would love that either - I think they cost more than a new dog.