Tuesday, November 16, 2010

It's been awhile...

Hey all, sorry to have neglected you so long.

I've been drowning in to do lists and blogging, sad to say, is near the bottom of the list (along with cleaning the ceiling).

So what has happened since I've been gone?

1) My best friends came to visit.

2) Our camera lens broke.

3) We attempted to give Lilo a haircut.

4) Our house is infested with creepy crawlers.

So good news first!

My best friend (friends since age 3) Anna and her wonderful husband and adorable kids came to visit.

Don't believe me about the adorableness of the kids?

Proof:



Tyler (3) and Fox (5 months).

Yes, thats right, his name is Fox.

When Anna and I were about 10 years old, Anna was in love with David Duchovny from XFiles in which he played the role of Fox Mulder.

I distinctly remember her telling me "When I grow up, I am going to name my son Fox."

So she did.

That is Anna for you.

Unique, in a very good way.

I dont have many pictures of their visit being that my camera lens broke, I do have a few that I took when Nick let me borrow one of his lenses.

You see, Nick is an amazing photographer.

In fact, he was my wedding photographer.

Here's his page.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Seattle-WA/Nicholas-Dunne-Photography/49430150562?v=wall&sb=4

I was a little nervous about how the dogs were going to do with the kids.

When my niece Avila was here, Lilo was afraid of her and would run away from her.

Anna told me before their visit that Tyler was afraid of dogs.

I made a joke that they will get over their fears together.

Well, they did just that.

Though Lilo is the same size, if not bigger than, Tyler, she was really good about not knocking her over.

They made a great pair, Tyler loved throwing the ball and Lilo loved fetching it.



They also played tug of war.



Tyler watched Lilo and Stitch for the first time while her.

Then she watched it about 5 more time during the week.

She loved it.

We also colored, painted, made play dough and of course played on the beach.

I had a lot of fun with Fox too.

He is such a happy, friendly baby.

I had the honor of witnessing Fox roll over for the first time while here.

I took some pictures of the occasion.







I think I just heard an "awwww" in the distance.

So cute right!

Oh yeah Nick and Anna were here too.

Proof:



Nick and Tyler taking a nap on on the couch.




Anna "wearing" Fox.

Do you see those thighs?

I pinched them daily.

Fox's.

Not Anna's.

That would be weird.

Anna and I spent one evening in the city while the boys stayed home with the kids.

We always have a great time together.

I was sad to see them go.

It didn't help when Tyler said to me at the airport "Are you coming with us?"

"No, I have to stay here."

"Are you going to be at my birthday party?"

"No, but I'll see you at Christmas."

Items 3 & 4 to be covered soon.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

They are the most beautiful family!!! Wish they lived in Hawaii too or you guys lived here :)

Glad to hear Lilo and Tyler had fun together.

Nick D said...

I agree with Nancy. Those are some good looking kids!