Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Homemaker Day 2

My last post on day 1 was Wednesday. Since then I haven't felt much like a homemaker because Stephen got off early on Thursday and had Friday off. So now here is Monday and I am on for day 2.

Task #1: Get up at 5:30am.

Check.

Task #2: Get dogs downstairs without scratching floors.

Check.

(I’ve learned that Jack-Jack needs to be walked downstairs by holding his collar, like walking a 2 year old downstairs by holding their hand. Jack-Jack is a toddler. It is much easier to deal with him if that is realized)

Task #3: Walk dogs.

Check.

Its a good thing I walk them early in the morning when no one is around or I may find myself in a super stylish white jacket with extra long sleeves and buckles.

What you might hear me saying are statements such as,

“If you keep pulling, I am not going to walk you anymore!”

“I’m not going to put up with this every morning!”

“If you don’t stop pulling right now!”

“I’ve had enough of this!”

“Now that’s 1! That’s 2! Don’t make me say 3!”

(ok all were true but that last one)

Task #4: Poop Patrol

Check. Kinda.

Balrog the Bee (for those of you who aren’t Lord of the Rings nerds like me, that’s the name of the demon) is still standing guard at his post.

I have since discovered his evil lair is bored into the wooden arbor we have.

I told Stephen about this evil menace and how it is his duty as man of the house to protect his family and vanquish the beast.

He said he liked the bee and doesn’t want to hurt it.

I told him to stop being such a pansy and man up! (not really, but it did cross my mind)

So for the time being the sacred pooping grounds are not going to be picked up by me!

If Stephen likes Balrog so much, he can face his wrath.

Oh, and as of today, I have discover that Balrog has a girlfriend.

Her name is Beatrice.

She likes long walks on the beach, candlelight dinners and shacking up with Balrog to create many minions to attack our home.

Update: As of Tuesday, there is now another huge bee, its yellow. No not a normal yellow bee. A huge scary bee just like the black one but yellow!

Probably the scariest thing I have ever seen.

I am going to have to come up with a really scary name for it.

Task #5: Breakfast and Devotions

Check.

Task #6: Paint the entertainment center.

8:30pm, Check.

It took me all morning to sand the darn thing. Its invincible!

Before:



After:



Task #7: Crawl into bed, covered in paint and all.

Check.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

The entertainment center looks fabulous! What a difference sanding and a coat or two of paint can do:)