Friday, August 27, 2010

In the Mind of a Genius

Stephen and I are reading a book together.

This is quite momentous for us.

You see, I read books like “Pride and Prejudice” and “Jane Eyre” and “Great Expectations.”

Stephen reads books like, “A Christian Philosophy of Education” and “The Geography of Good and Evil” and “Cicero”.

So now that we are reading the same book, I am getting a new glimpse in the mind of a genius.

Which he is by the way.

Most definitely.

How have I done this?

By interpreting the markings.

Let me show you.

We have the usual underline.



Then the pretty standard side squiggle.



Then it starts getting complex.

We have the multiline squiggle.



The circle.



The arrow.



The underline, squiggle and star combo.



Then the writing.

It does take some work to decipher, I did give him some penmanship books, obviously he hasn't used them yet.



This is what I have really enjoyed.

Most of the writings are additional thoughts he has had to add to the topic, always interesting and in depth.

My personal favorite writing he does comes in two forms.

Both are him “talking” with the book.

The first is the agreement.



And then the best of corse are the disagreements.

“Not True”


“Wow, that is absurd.”


Ah, his mind is a deep abyss that I love to poke around in.

I do get lost sometimes though.

Well, actually a lot of the time.

I should get a GPS.

And maybe a flashlight.

No comments: