Saturday, January 29, 2011

Clever Apple

Well, in my last post I mentioned that I may try to sell some of my embroidery.

I thought at the time that it would be a few months from now before that would happen.

But then...I had a stroke of genius!

Ok maybe not "genius" but a good idea all the same.

So since then I have been working non-stop on getting my shop open and now it is!

So I would like to invite you all to the grand opening of....

Clever Apple!



To be completely honest, the name really doesn't mean anything.

I just found an adorable apple stamp and suddenly all the great possibilities of an apple theme with red and green was too good to pass up.

My "genius" idea was to do a series of pieces with animals and balloons.

It started with Elliot the Elephant.





Then Larry the Lion.





And last but not least, Mimi the Mouse.





I created all the designs myself and hand embroidered each piece.

In the near future I will start some custom work with these same characters.

Each hoop comes with this adorable tag.



On the back of which is a small nail to use to hang the hoop.



And here is my business card (made with previously mentioned stamp).



I may be getting a little carried away.

I am really excited to see how it all works out.

If I sell enough to cover the cost of supplies, I would be happy.

If I actually make money, well, then I would be shocked and thrilled.

So check out my shop cleverapple.etsy.com

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Aren't you just too, too clever!!

Nancy said...

What an adorable idea!!! I think it will be a hit.

Love your business cards too. You are so creative!!