Monday, March 11, 2013

Alice: 6 Months





Weight:  14 pounds 11 ounces

Height:  25.5 inches

New Skills:  She can sit up by herself really well.  She is able now not to just grab something but to also move it around and switch hands and shake it about.  Giving her the stuffed flamingo has really shown her development.  She went from not noticing its existence, to batting at it, to grabbing it and shaking it around and this time turing it around and grabbing its wings and then its legs and even trying to pick at its bead-eyes.

She is not crawling yet but if I put her in the crawling position she will be able to hold herself there for a few seconds before falling over.

Stephen's Nicknames:  He still calls her Bo Bo most of the time but now he also calls her Binker.  This was a development from Stinker to Binker and sometimes even Binkerstan and Dinker.

Likes:  The animals.  She has become interested in all of them and finds them quite entertaining.  Giselle is really good with her which is surprising since Alice just loves to grab chunks of fur and skin and yank.  Giselle will rub her head against Alice's hand and headbutt her sometimes.  Tiger Lily mostly just runs away from her.  Willow wants to give her kisses all the time and Lilo is still trying to get pets from her and get her to throw her squeak toy.

She also likes art.  By that I mean she loves to look at pictures on the wall.  It's really funny.  You hold her up to a picture and she smiles really big.  It confirms my idea that she is going to be an art teacher. Something I decided when I realized she is left handed (meaning she is right brain dominant which is the more creative, artistic side of the brain)

Dislikes:  Falling over.  I set her down on the floor to play with toys and she'll fall over and get upset that she cant sit back up again.

Firsts:  She said "Ma-ma" on March 3rd.  I don't know if it counts as her first word or not.  It was really just noise making.  But I have been practicing "ma-ma" with her and she thinks its really funny.  But she makes the "m" noise a lot and hasn't ever made a "d" noise so I think she is for sure going to say ma-ma before da-da.

She also sat in a highchair at a restaurant for the first time.  She is still a bit too small for them but she does fine.  She just sat and kicked her legs and looked around.

She sat in a grocery cart for the first time and loved it...for a little while.  I have always worn her in the carrier at the store but she has been getting fussy like that and been acting like she wants out.  It was funny how much more people commented on her and talked to her when she was in the cart.  She was very popular.  She is great at giving people smiles and they just love it.

On March 9th she got her first taste of something other than breast milk.  She has been interested and grabbing at my food for a while so we decided to sit her in her highchair and give her a few pieces of banana to see what she would think...



Are we terrible parents for laughing at her misery?

But her faces were just so funny!

Here is my favorite video of her, she's laughing at Lilo, I have watched it a ton of times.




Alice's sitting up practice zone :o)


"Oh, hey mom...no I wasn't trying to escape..I was uh...uh.."


"I think I got this.."


"Oh, yeah, I got this."


"Oops! Maybe not."

Silly faces!



Cute faces.


Getting sleepy.


Goofy hair.




Mini-mullet and comb over.


"Hmmm, here's a wing..."


"And here's a foot..."


"I think I'll eat it.  Nom nom nom."




No comments: