Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My Seattle Adventure: Part 4

While in Seattle we, of course, went to the famous Pike Market.



Which have the famous fish mongers.



More pictures of Fox of course.





I don’t mean to be playing favorites, Fox just holds still better than Tyler, most of my pictures of her are a blur.

Then they took me to the beach.

It was a little different than the beaches in Hawaii.

Seattle beach:



Hawaii beach:



I think Hawaii has Seattle beat.

Well I guess that depends on critera.

If you like a beach that is usually cold and overcast, has corse rocky sand, and mirky water, Seattle beach is perfect for you.

If, however, you like a beach that is usually warm and sunny, has soft fine sand and crystal clear blue water, Hawaii beach is for you.

Nick tried to impress us with his rock skipping skills.



Tyler drew a picture of her family in the sand and I analyzed it and told them what it meant about their family dynamics.

It's a little party trick of mine.

Aren't you glad my years in college and grad school aren't going to waste?



The Dunne Family.



I think this is my favorite picture from the whole trip, not sure why, but it is.

Maybe I feel it captures the essence of their family.

I feel like, when I think of them, I picture them like this in my head.

Doesn't Anna dress so cool by the way?

I have always loved her unique sense of style that only she can pull off.

Who else could make hardware store galoshes look so stylish?

And that oh-so-cute floral jacket?

(Here's a closer look)



Her mom made it.

Also while in Seattle we watched the movie Hereafter.

I wouldn’t recommend it, it was dumb.

Clint Eastwood, you have disappointed me.

But the movie had this beautiful actress,



Bryce Dallas Howard.

And I just loved her bangs.

Well the next day we just happened to be hanging out at Anna’s friend’s house and that friend is a hair dresser.

So Anna talked me into getting bangs.

First I emailed Stephen to ask him what he thought of me getting bangs and he replied:

“If by getting bangs you mean getting a tattoo, then no. But if you mean getting a different haircut, then hooah.”

(If you are unfamiliar with the term "hooah" look here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hooah)

He had a funny idea that I was going to get another tattoo while in Seattle.

And no I didn’t.

So here is the before and after (I love, love, love before and afters)

Before:



After:



Do we look alike?





By the way, in case you're wondering about that "before" picture, that was a picture Nick took of me beer tasting at the Elysian Brewery.

I went in honor of Stephen, and because I like tasting beer.

I was honored to be made a part of Nick's picture a day series with this picture.

You can see more of his amazing work here:

http://www.facebook.com/nickdphoto

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Do you know how freakishly (and I mean that in a good way) beautiful you are??!! Way prettier than that actress...whoever she is. You could seriously do magazine ads...I'm thinking hair products, makeup...miss you, little girl!! Have you made any more Macarons?