Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Weekend

Well we had a pretty good weekend.

We hung out at our favorite coffee shop, ChadLou's in Kailua.

We love ChadLou's because its locally owned (by a really cute young couple with really cute little kids) and its not packed and noisy like Starbucks and it is also open with no air conditioners and freezing like Starbucks.

Did I mention it's not Starbucks?

They serve their cold drinks in mason jars like so.



We spent a few hours there this weekend.

Stephen had this,



While reading this,



(That's "History of the Pelonnesian War by Thucydides, it was written in 431 B.C.)

(Yes I am aware I married a nerd)

As I worked on this,



I was really annoyed because I forgot my headphones for my iPod and couldn't listen to my audiobook Middlemarch which I am really enjoying.

Instead I eavesdropped on a nearby conversation.

Yes, that's right, I'm an eavesdropper.

I drop eaves all the time.

I spent 6 years in school learning how to observe human relationships and behavior, how could I not be an expert eavesdropper?

This weekend we also bought some wine and gourmet cheeses, that was pretty tasty.



That brown marbled cheese had an Irish Ale in it.

Also this weekend we watched Thor, North by Northwest and our new favorite show Shark Tank.

I also got a request to do a custom piece for someone's wedding.

I was really excited about it because I love love love weddings and I love the idea of making something for a wedding.

Here's how it turned out.



My little model there is Androgynous Andy.

I got him/her at Ikea years ago.

He/she has been quite helpful.

Hope you had a good weekend too!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Tom and Julie are going to love this gift!

You should sell cards like you sent me for Mother's Day. It is adorable! Thanks :)