Monday, May 16, 2011

My Seattle Adventure: Part 5

I pretty much covered most of the highlights of my trip to Seattle.

This last post is going to cover some of the domestic life of the Dunne’s.

With two little ones, we did spend quite a bit of time at home.

I enjoyed this time just hanging out and getting to see what domestic life with two small children is like.

Tyler and I had some pretty funny moments.

One of the first days I was there, she and I were sitting at the dinning room table while her parents were in the kitchen and out of nowhere she turned to me and said very seriously “Mom and dad are crazy.”

I laughed so hard!

She said almost as if to warn me.

She is a bit of a sensitive child and was upset that I was laughing at her, but I couldn’t help it.

Another day I was watching Blues Clues with her and the character Steve said his famous line “I need my handy dandy..” at this point he pauses for the kids to answer but before they do I threw my arms up and said “Notebook!” (I know, I’m a dork).

Tyler looked over at me with her eyes all wide and said “Wow, you’re really good at this.”

Again, I laughed so hard and offended her.

The last day I was there she had me writing a letter for her, the letter was to “Dad and Jesus”.

In this letter she said “Dear Jesus, please help daddy’s hair grow back.” (Nick had gotten a haircut and she wasn't too happy about it.)

Anna couldn’t even help but laugh out loud at this, though she tried her best to hide it and look serious for Tyler.

I love the silly things kids say.

So here is some of the domestic life of the Dunnes.

Tyler watching her show.



Under this pile of blankets is Nick,



Tyler covered him up and then started climbing all over him.



Anna reads to Tyler a lot and like a good homeschool graduate has started to introduce Tyler to Little House on the Prairie.



Tyler was very interested in my embroidery and helped me by pulling the thread through.





On one of my last days in Seattle we decided to make something from this awesome book that my mom gave me.



It’s awesome.

We decided to try making marshmallows.

Tyler really enjoyed this.

She helped stir.



Anna pouring out the marshmallow goodness.





Tyler had a good time with the beater.

I love her face, she looks like she is seriously considering the best way to get to the marshmallows.

"Hmmm, what would be the best method to obtain the most marsh without getting too much mallow?"



"From this angle, it would seem the length and dexterity of the finger would be best."



"Let's put theory into practice."



"Good choice."



"Just for comparison sake, lets try using the tongue"



I then told her to show me her hand.




It was very hard on her because the marshmallows had to sit overnight before we could eat them.

It's asking a lot of a 3 year old to wait a whole day to eat the marshmallows she knows are there.

The finished product, they tasted pretty darn good.



I almost forgot, one last Seattle story.

I told Anna while I was their that if she and Nick wanted to go on a date that I would be happy to watch the kids.

(They don't have a babysitter so dates are few and far between for them).

It was my last night in Seattle and that morning Nick, when Anna wasn't around, told me he was planning a surprise date with Anna that night and he would let me know later his plan.

Well the day went by and I forgot what he said and around 8pm Anna finished putting down the kids and she and Nick said that they were going to the store to get milk (or so Anna thought).

Nick was very clever and sneaky because he didn't get a chance to talk to me alone and as Anna was putting her coat on, Nick was messing with my phone and right before they left he gave it back to me.

When I looked at it after they left, I saw that he had typed a note saying that he was taking her out to dinner and to call if the kids wake up.

Cute huh?

Anna was completely surprised.

Well it was the end of my trip and I was sad to leave but getting excited to get home.

So late Tuesday Anna drove me to the airport and my parents picked me up at San Francisco late that night.

I crashed in bed and was all ready to go to Travis Air Force Base the next morning to catch a flight to Hawaii, or so I thought.

To be continued...

No comments: