Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Mint



This week I made mint chocolate chip ice cream.

Why?

Because I love it.

Because mint was on sale at Whole Foods.

Because a whole chocolate cake isn't enough dessert for me.

Because I can and I want to!!

Now let me tell you, homemade mint ice cream taste nothing like the store bought kind.

The homemade kind tastes like mint.

Uh, duh.

Let me clarify, it's like chewing on a mint leaf mint, not sweet artificial mint mint.

It's certainly not for everyone, Stephen, for instance, is not a fan (which must means all the more for me).

We planted some mint in our garden for the sole purpose of fulfilling my cravings for mint ice cream but realized later that we accidentally got wintergreen, not mint.

Now I am sure the wintergreen would work, it would just make ice cream that was toothpaste flavored.

I dont know about you, but I'm not really a fan of eating toothpaste.

I am always disappointed when I make this ice cream though because the directions have you steep the mint leaves in warm milk for an hour and then says "the milk will now be a lovely shade of emerald green".

Nope.

Not even a hint of green!

Every time I make it I hope it will turn out but alas Hawaiian mint wont give up its green.

But hey, it still tastes amazing!

How to I get the chocolate chips?

You drizzle melted chocolate on the ice cream as you put it in the container and then mix it up.

It makes for the perfect "chips".

Then I always leave a layer of drizzle chocolate on top so I feel like a cool gelato store.





Mmmm, is 7:30am to early for ice cream?

What if it's 75 degrees and sunny?

What if I really want it?

Maybe just a small bite...

Excuse me, I'm going to go..

...uh..

..clean the kitchen...

...if you know what I mean ;o)

1 comment:

Edwards Family said...

Lavender mint lemonade. Got it at a coffee shop the other day. Just in case you were looking for another use for your abounding mint supply.