Friday, June 3, 2011

Cupcakes

Recently I discovered the show Cupcake Wars.

I love it.

If your not familiar with the show, it's a competition between cupcake makers.

There is always at least one girl in the competition that I dub "Barbie".

(Seriously, fake tan, extensions, fake eyelashes and way too much make-up. Lady, you're trying too hard.)

It's ridiculous and over the top but I love it.

Now I have to say that when this whole cupcake fad started I laughed at it and said how silly it was and how it wont last.

I am not a fan of cupcakes.

Why?

Because I am not a fan of cake.

Only my flourless chocolate cake and angel food cake.

Everything else, I just don't like.

I can't be more specific, I just don't like cake.

Hence, I don't like cupcakes (aka mini-cakes).

So back to Cupcake Wars, I watched a few episodes of the show last week and suddenly had the unquenchable burning desire for a cupcake.

I was struck with a fear that there were no cupcake shops on the island.

I knew my cupcake desire needed to be fulfilled sooner than the next time I go to the mainland.

But I was saved, there is a cupcake shop!

It's called:



(If you can't tell, it's "Let Them Eat Cupcakes!")

Stephen and I went there this last weekend.

I had meant to take a picture of the cupcakes, but in my eagerness to eat them, I forgot.

So here's what was left:



That was Stephen's vanilla cupcake.

This was my chocolate cupcake.



Don't they look tasty?

Stephen decided he needed a second cupcake and got a red velvet and I managed to get a picture before he ate it.



Now I have to say that I was not disappointed in my cupcake.

It was heavenly.

It was so moist and melt in your mouth goodness.

Not at all like the dry "cakey" cupcakes I had had before.

So I stand corrected, cupcakes are good.

And a little piece of advice, don't watch Cupcake Wars without cupcakes nearby,

or you'll be sorry.

1 comment:

Edwards Family said...

Now I will have to try a fancy cup cake. I've been mocking the cupcake revolution. You have convinced me.