Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Weekend, Part 2

Valentine’s Day started with church of course, being a Sunday. Stephen jammed on his saxophone during worship and sounded great as always. Pastor gave a good sermon about God’s love which reminded us all of how imperfect our love is compared to God’s unchanging love. It’s very fitting to remember on Valentine’s Day how God loved and continues to love us despite who we are and what we do, because we are sinners who could never deserve that love. It reminded me that in marriage we are to love each other whether the other person deserves it our not.

After church we went home and Stephen gave me a beautiful bouquet of tulips (I guess he caught on to the hint when I told him last week that I wanted tulips for Valentine’s Day. I find it’s helpful to let him know my expectations, like when I told him when and what I expected as a proposal. I think he appreciates it as well ;o)





This is what I got him for Valentines Day (well this plus a back, foot and hand massage which is quite a gift being that I hate giving massages).



It’s a book on penmanship and practice books. And yes, this was something my dork-nerd husband really wanted. He wants to take up the art of letter writing but his penmanship is terrible, hence the books.

Stephen surprised me with a wine tasting before our dinner. It wasn’t quite what we expected; it was pretty much the same as the one we go to for free every Thursday. We did get to taste chocolate wine which was interesting. It tasted like chocolate Bailey’s. (Sorry I don’t have any pictures, I forgot the camera) Then we walked around the shopping center and he got shaved ice and I got bubble tea. We then drove to Chinatown to the restaurant. We were really early so I slept in the car while he watched political clips on his iPhone.

We went to the restaurant Indigo which is a blend of Asian, French and Mediterranean cuisine. It started with a waitress coming up to our table and offering us a shot of this special liquor. By “special” I mean, she said it a blend of herbs and infused with male and female lizards and, get this, a seahorse. (It was supposed to be a virility thing) We took it and it was terrible, but really funny. (I kept asking him if the seahorse has kicked in yet, sorry, too much information :o) Also, regarding the seahorse liquor, there was an elderly couple that came into the restaurant. She looked like she was doing fairly well but the husband was pretty hunched and had an oxygen tank. So the waitress came over to their table and I saw her explain the liquor just like she did for us. I then heard the wife tell the husband louder so he could hear that they were being offered a virility drink and she busted out laughing! I was trying so hard not to laugh! It was so funny! Needless to say she declined the drink, I guess she didn't think he was up to it :o) The dinner was good and we shared a good bottle of wine. We had a good time. It was a great Valentine’s Day.

No comments: