Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Willow Turns One!

Today was Willow’s first birthday. We don’t know her real birthday (Lilo is the only one we know) so I made one up for her. I choose the day that we got her, the 16th of May and then subtract how old she was, 3 months. So, her birthday is February 16th. She is still staying with Tonya, the lady from Pawprints Animal Rescue where we got her from. She has been there for 5 months now. We try to take her for the day at least once a month. I really miss her. I went and picked her up in the morning with Lilo. They are always so excited to see each other. There is no doubt that she remembers us! I brought her home and gave her a bath. (She is currently living with about 10 other dogs so she usually smells a little) The first thing she always does when she gets home is jump up on the couch and curl up on her favorite spot. She played with Lilo and Giselle. Bagheera just hissed at her and walked away. We then took the dogs to the dog park. They love the dog park. Lilo still rolls on her back when she meets new dogs, what a wuss! Willow on the other hand always finds one dog she doesn’t like. This time it was a female basset hound. I don’t know why, but she just doesn’t like some dogs. She senses something about them. Last time it was a whippet. The time before that it was a pit bull. Tonya says Willow can sense the weakness in some dogs and this is her dominating them. I’m not so sure. Maybe I’ll ask Caesar :o)

Here’s the dog park. Pretty huh?



Saying “hi” to the other dogs.



Lilo found a mini-me!



Willow loves to run!



The birthday girl!



All this running around makes us thirsty!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

What a great dog park. I reminds me of the one in Vallejo except it is nice and warm where you are :)