Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Baking

Yesterday, around 5:30pm, Stephen called me from work and asked "Do you want to bake something for my work tomorrow?"

And I replied, "Heck yeah!"

I love baking.

I like it better than cooking, though I don't know why.

It's a lot easier to mess up with baking, trust me, I know.

Maybe it's because I love eating baked goods.

And dough.

Especially the dough.

I'm lucky if the dough ends up being a baked good.

I don't do cakes (or muffins, AKA morning appropriate cake). Never have.

I never really liked cake.

Perhaps one of these days when I am feeling particularly adventurous I will try a cake.

So Stephen needed me to bake him something to take to work.

Some sort of breakfast pastry.

I knew exactly what I wanted to do.

The Pioneer Woman (my blogging inspiration) has a famous cinnamon roll recipe that I have been wanting to try.

I haven't made it yet because it makes 50 cinnamon rolls.

It would be a few too many for just Stephen and I.

So I made the dough last night and then got up at 4:15am to make the rolls.

Here was what I was shooting for:



This is what I made:



I'm not sure what happened, but hey, as long as they taste good right?

Here they are baked:



Then add the maple glaze:



I'm impatiently waiting to hear from Stephen what people said about them.

Confession #64: Though I get embarrassed when people complement my baking, I secretly love hearing it.

I am now wishing I had saved one of those rolls for me.

Dang it!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

YUM!!!! Can't wait to hear what everyone had to say :)

Patti said...

Looks absolutely yummy..did you remove the calories???? I think you should continue on in this vein...I LOVE breakfast goodies!!