Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Shadow

Ever had that feeling that someone is following you?

It’s similar to that feeling you get when you know someone is staring at you.

That recognition of a presence.

The presence of someone, or something, that has set its eyes and intentions on you.

I had that feeling this morning.

It was early morning, the sun was just peaking over the hills.

I was walking with Lilo at my side when I felt it.

The presence.

I turned, almost out of pure instinct, to find out what was behind me.

There was nothing.

Just a glimpse of a shadow out of the corner of my eye.

So I kept walking.

The presence returned.

I turned.

The shadow darted.

I knew there was something there.

I continued walking.

Then before I knew it...the shadow was in front of me!

Staring me in the eyes!

Then rubbed up against my legs with an evil growl.

Or was it a purr?

Not sure.

This is what I saw.



A black panther on the prowl, AKA our kitty Bagheera.

He followed me and Lilo all the way down the street and back.

He kept trying to rub up against Lilo's legs and Lilo just kept trying not to trip over him.

Silly kitty.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

How cute!!! Bailey will follow me one block is all, but if I go to the park across the street he will follow me all the way to the end of the path.

Patti said...

Halloween must be around the corner!

Stephanie said...

I'm liking your pictures!!! Let's see, Black cat in the morning, sailor, no wait, black cat at nite, no that's not it either. He didn't cross your path did he? B-b-b-gheera! We miss him!