Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Pesto

We planted two basil plants in our garden.

This wasn't a mistake.

Like the two oreganos.

I don't even use oregano.

But now we have two.

So back to the basil, we planted two, on purpose, to make pesto and enjoy fresh basil whenever possible.

If you don't have basil plants, its a lot cheaper to just buy pesto because making it takes a lot of basil.

It's really easy to make.

Start with your ingredients.



Process.



Have I mentioned I am in love with my food processor?

I seriously don't know how I lived so long without it.

Put in freezer safe jars.



It will keep for 3 months.

Arrivederci!

That's goodbye in Italian.

One of the few words I remember from the two weeks of Italian class I took.

I begged my mom to let me take the class at the community college when I was 15.

Begging was required because the textbook cost $80.

And because I already had my language credits (sign language).

And because my best friend was taking the class and we had elaborate plans to travel to Italy and marrying Italian men.

I told her "It will be good for me. I will use it all the time. I will work really hard in the class."

She fell for it.

Kinda like when I begged for a keyboard promising I would play it all the time.

She should have learned her lesson.

Two weeks into the class I came home crying begging to quit the class.

The teacher's style of teaching was immersion.

As in she would walk up to you and ask you something in Italian and you were supposed to answer back in Italian.

Hard to do when all I could say was "Bonjourno" and "Mi chiamo Megan".

It was too much.

I cracked.

Crocodile tears flowed.

Mom cracked.

Waste of $80.

Hense the two weeks of Italian.

Arrivederci.

And pardon my ramblings.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I am hungry now. You make it look so easy and fun!